Academics infused with the spirit of invention
An entrepreneurial mindset is a specific set of beliefs, knowledge, and thought processes that drives entrepreneurial behavior. Those with an entrepreneurial mindset tend to:
- believe in their ability to succeed and influence their own outcomes, empowering them to take ownership of their lives;
- have compelling goals that keep them future-focused and intrinsically motivated, driving them to be self-directed, action-oriented, and highly engaged;
- have an optimistic interpretation of adverse events and see problems as potential opportunities, becoming highly resilient, resourceful, and solution-oriented even within highly uncertain, resource constrained environments;
- be lifelong knowledge seekers with a focus on micro-experiments as learning opportunities to test ideas, cultivating curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking;
- display a high-level of reliability, understanding that following through on simple solutions can lead to unforeseen opportunity;
- have a humanistic outlook, being other-focused and understanding that one creates value by looking to solve problems for others;
- and surround themselves with an intentional community of positive influence and critical guidance
Clara Brown Entrepreneurial will use the following district-vetted curriculum and frameworks as a foundation for our academic learning.
As a magnet school with an invention & entrepreneurship theme, students will have the unique opportunity to engage in entrepreneurial specific project-based learning experiences that will be integrated throughout the year into the foundational curriculum. Experiences are provided by the following programs:
- EntreEd - EntreEd curates educational practices and programs that forge entrepreneurial capabilities in all students.
- Inhub - thehenryford - Build invention skills, inspire entrepreneurial thinking and connect core disciplinary understanding to the real-world.
- Junior Achievement- part of the world’s largest nonprofit dedicated to motivating kids for future career success, self-sufficiency, and financial acumen.
- Venture Lab - a nonprofit organization that is helping create the next generation of innovators and changemakers through entrepreneurial learning.
- Young Americans Center for Financial Literacy - students learn critical thinking, collaboration, communication, information literacy, initiative, creativity, and accountability.
The Clara Brown Entrepreneurial Academy is home to an APS morning and afternoon preschool program.
The preschool is a neighborhood program. Students enrolled in the preschool program who wish to be students at CBEA beginning in Kindergarten will need to apply to the lottery.
If they do not get a seat through the lottery process, they will be placed on the waitlist and can plan on attending their neighborhood boundary school until a seat at Clara Brown Entrepreneurial Academy becomes available.